Thursday, July 31, 2014

July Favourites

It's been a long, happy month (except the last week, that kind of sucked) of simple pleasures and awesome new experiences; spontaneous, impulsive decisions, largely consisting of unplanned hours of unproductivity and happiness. Though I really must get back to the working life.

1. MY BIRTHDAY IS COMING! Incredible slowly, but it's comin'!

2. Hot chocolate and cardigan weather. <3 This amazing white crop sweater I saw someone wearing, with NERD written on the front in pink or red or something. So simple, so attractive. My new long blue skirt. Long skirts, generally. Watching "Begin Again"! I love that movie. And its soundtrack. God bless ya, Noelly, for telling me about it. Other good songs, generally. Playing childhood games and just..being happy with friends. It's all one needs, really. And also childhood music. I listened to Hilary Duff again after like five years and relived that entire phase and it was so nostalgic and happy. And Jesse McCartneyso much Jesse Mccartney, and Enrique Iglesias and Ricky Martin and The Ketchup Song! Ah, youth. :')

3. Baby love! It started with cooing over adorable footballer babies (seriously have you even seen Thiago Messi's cheeks what are they), and then I spent a happy afternoon hour playing with a random one year old my friends and I found near her house. She was so delighted with the simple act of throwing a pencil away and getting it fetched back for her, the cute little destructive dictator, it was adorable. And then called me the vernacular word for elder sister and I just melted. Baby ^_^

4.  We redid our room, and I finally have a mattress on the floor, thus fulfilling my lifelong dream and aspiration (I will now stop calling it that, I swear). Also I have a view of my desk from my spot on the bed, which is nice. There's something about looking at a desk and a chair which appeals to me. That, and pictures of pathways leading to pretty places. Anyway, desk in question is surrounded by various memorabilia I've collected over the past couple years, so that's nice too. And I can finally see my posters from this end of the room! They're on the wall on what used to be my side of the room, except I usually had my back to that wall and so never really got to appreciate them. Man, I have good taste. And we finally got rid of the bunk bed (which is never something I thought I'd want to do, but whatever), and our room is now unbelievably bright. And so much homelier!  Yay!

5. I went karaoke-ing (?) for the first time in my life, and IT WAS SO AMAZING I LOVE IT! I even sang! With the mic a safe distance from my discordant voice, of course, we wanted to have fun, not scar people.

6. I participated in a reading of the play Baklavia, by D.M Larson, available here, which was so much fun! The play itself is awesome-about a pastry factory which declares itself a new country because the government has increased taxes-and reading out the parts in character was crazy fun. I played Clenious, a strange cousin who sings a lot- the strangeness I could handle, the singing was horrible, but it was an amazing experience in general, lots of laughing and innuendoes and happiness, so it didn't even matter that I didn't know any tunes. I fully intend to audition the next time a play is staged here; let's hope it works out!

7. The month got a little less awesome towards the end because I felt like a fail person in life for a number of reasons and was generally emo and needy. Getting quick reassurances from my friends that I was an awesome person (no idea why I even doubted it) was amazing. Special shout out to Anne for the call (and generous spending of balance :P), Elly for the timely "hi" and for generally listening to my ranting so much this week, and to my Empathy Horses for the Korean hand heart and the animal smileys and the "of course you're awesome what is wrong with you" and the general love. Thanks, you guys. You're the best. <3 #goop


Much love,
~Sam
Note to self: Find and use synonyms for amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment