Monday, June 2, 2014

Why Facebook Pisses Me Off

ughbbbbbbvddgdhhjjj. Those were the actual noises I made while sitting up from my regular slouching position. I was rewarded with a fresh dosage of cramps from my morning workout. I woke up before 2 p.m. today, so that's an accomplishment.

 Something that really bothers me is social network conversations. You're pretty good friends and post on each others walls; I can try and understand that, even though I don't particularly enjoy engaging via such methods. I mean, it's called "Social Networking" right? It is not your planner. Now don't get me wrong, there it is absolutely okay to post a picture of yourself and caption it with fun things once in a while, but seriously there's a limit.
 So if you're really good friends with someone, and you talk everyday, I would assume that it gets tedious to converse through Facebook and that you must have exchanged phone  numbers at some point. You were friends for years, you have their number, SO WHY DON'T YOU TEXT THEM ABOUT YOUR PLANS INSTEAD OF DISCUSSING THEM ON FACEBOOK. I honestly don't understand this. It's like they NEED to let everyone know their plans. "Text me omg I need to tell you something so bad!" *Annoyed laugh* See now THIS-this really pisses me off. For fucks sake just text them about it. Are you that socially dependent to let everyone know? I DON'T WANT TO SEE HOW YOUR CONVERSATIONS LOOK LIKE ON FACEBOOK THAT'S WHY THEY INVENTED PHONES OR EVEN INBOXES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. Yes, inboxes. If you absolutely must use Facebook to exchange conversations for some reason, inbox please. 
  If I were to voluntarily follow a blog, then it's acceptable, but I honestly do not want to see by the minute updates on Facebook. Don't get all hate mode on me saying "People can do what they want..blah blah blah"; yes they can. But that doesn't mean you don't owe it to yourself and the world to be the most reasonable(intelligent) version of yourselves so that you can effectively manage your social networks in a manner that isn't unpleasant.  I follow you on twitter to receive updates. Even if it is by the second. That is fine, because I-ME- chose to follow you. Just don't do it on Facebook? I don't want to unfriend 100 of you. I don't want to be mean, I really don't(Okay, I try not to anyway). So please, use the social media wisely. Don't be that person.

No comments:

Post a Comment