Thursday, March 21, 2013

I have a visceral, mortal fear.

Of people dying, or committing suicide. I think all those "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books I read when I was 13 laid the ground for this one. But honestly. Have you noticed just how easy it is for someone to die, how fragile life is?
Of staircases, specifically, of falling down staircases. It's happened before, it can happen again.
Of jinxing things. It's really, really difficult for me to brag. (Though that statement is in itself bragging, in a sense.)
Of getting into trouble. Reason #1 I did not have the typical tumultous teen years or crazy college life. I was just too goddamn aware of the consequences, both possible and improbable, of my actions.
Of failure. Though this is one which I can, and am trying to, get over.
I have others, of course, but these are the ones that really influence every decision, haunt every moment.
~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment