Thursday, November 1, 2012

Dark and Light

She asks me what the thin line between dream and nightmare is called.
Reality, I say.
Perspective, she believes.
I don't understand her, nor does she understand me.


I still think it's reality that straddles that line, teetering on each side by turn. Or not by turn, it seems to lean towards one for extended periods of time, then the other, always favouring one side more than the other.
And you always know that it's going to teeter right away from the dream as soon as it gets there. That the darkness is going to return, eventually. Soon.

~Sam

Update: March 20, 2013. I now understand a little more of what she meant. Perspective makes just as much sense as reality to me, now. Because it really is just perspective which differentiates dream and nightmare. And it really is just reality which teeters on teeters on that line, going one way and another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment