Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Dreams and Butterflies

So Malko called me up the other day with a brilliant idea to change our blog name to "Dreamcatchers". Because we're always hankering after dreams, see? Now I don't know what exactly is happening with that, but my brain being my brain, came up with a metaphor.
Butterflies.
They're so similar to dreams, no?
Unreal. A butterfly fluttered by the other day and I could have sworn it looked animated.
Fragile. Hold on to one too long, or too strong, and it will die right there in your hands.
Much much too hard to catch. Run after them, and run, and run. And every time you come too close, they'll flutter away, just a little farther, and a little more, and a little more.
Capricious. Flower to flower to flower. Dream to dream to dream.
Beautiful. Joyous. Lovely.
And oh-so-necessary for life.

~Sam

2 comments:

  1. Lovely. From the posts I've read, this just fits. Ladies, you outdo yourselves. :)

    ReplyDelete