Saturday, December 17, 2011

I love.

This is a throwback to this post, which reminded me of all the hate I had in me yesterday, and probably will have in me again tomorrow, but not today. Because today is for peace, and joy, and love.


I love today.

I love being sick. I love having an excuse to do nothing all day, but suddenly having no need for an excuse.

I love lazing around, stretched out on the grass; lying in the sun, soaking in the rays that well-meaning people had thrust upon me, saying that the sun would do me good.

I love chatting easily with old friends and new, having light, laughing conversations and connections, over everything and nothing.

I love reading the perfect book to match the perfect time-reading about a woman getting rid of her boring routine life for one of impulse and fun, just when I was doing the same, albeit in a smaller manner, without the one night stand or identity theft.

I love not having the energy to worry, the necessity to plan, the compulsion to think.

I love feeling floaty and pretty and beautiful, without anything having changed.

I love loving the day, the world, the universe, my life. I love shining benevolence on everyone and everything around me.

I love feeling needed and loved, accepted and accepting.

I love being able to write again. I love my thoughts exploding onto your screen in tiny grey characters.

I love smiling and laughing with every inch of me.

I love relaxing. I love feeling free.

I love life. 

I love the dreaminess, the effortless ease and perfection of today. I love the inherent peace, the total sense of rightness, calm, acceptance and bliss.

I love today. 


Its not perfect, but today it doesn't have to be. 

~Sam 

No comments:

Post a Comment