Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I love you, like I hate you.

        Withdrawal. My fingers itch, my heart beats faster. I am so close, yet I force myself to abstain.
    Force myself NOT to type facebook.com in the browser, to go somewhere else instead, distract myself with other sites, to not fall into temptation. I must resist the irresistible. I thought it would be easier, thought I’d be able to control myself, but apparently the grip facebook has on my life is stronger than I gave it credit for. For those of you who are confused, let me explain-I, finally noticing exactly how addicted I am getting to facebook, have decided to temporarily deactivate, to switch off, to get my life, my time back.  And it was hard, believe you me, it was hard. To let go, to click that final button, to end it all, even temporarily. To go through the day telling people who wanted to post links on my wall, wanted me to check their status or pictures, that I couldn’t do that, that I had *gasp* deactivated. That I had let go, if only to prove that I could.





~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment