Sunday, July 6, 2014

Look, a Liebster! [Incomplete]

[This is incomplete; Malko hasn't answered the questions and we haven't nominated other bloggers or asked them questions, but this post has been sitting in my drafts box so long, I'm tired of looking at it.]

Hi everyone. ^_^
We got a blog-award-thingy! Called a Liebster! From an actual person we do not know but who appreciates our writing and follows our blog anyway! Woohoo! Thank you so much for giving this to us. :)

A bit of info about the award: It's given by bloggers, to bloggers, specifically,those with less than 200 followers. The nominated bloggers need to answer a few questions asked by the nominator, and in turn give the award (and ask questions) to ten other bloggers. The questions we were asked are:

1. Who is your favourite author?
Sam: Argh, I can't pick one. Not even inside my head. But off the top of my head, I've recently really appreciated Gillian Flynn, Douglas Adams, John Green and Markus Zusak. 

2. Why do you have a blog?
Sam: Mainly because I enjoy writing, and this allows me to pen down thoughts which I consider worth preserving, and which would otherwise have flitted in and out of my head unrecorded. Also for venting purposes, and trying to figure out my head. 

3. What's your favourite word?
Sam: I *suck* at favourite questions. Absolutely suck at them. To prove how impossible it is for me to answer this question: my friends and I once made a list of all the words we really, really like. It was hundreds of words long. I CANNOT PICK ONE. But thank you for reminding me of that memory. :') 

4. Which one would you prefer-school or college?
Sam: Grade 11 and 12 have been the best years of my life so far. So I suppose I would pick school, at this point. 


5. Which fictional character inspires you the most?
Sam: Ah, good question. ...which is a nice way of saying that I don't have an answer. I will think about this deeply and get back to you, though (if I remember to). 


6. Which real-life figure inspires you the most?
Sam: I actually had thought of a really inspiring person the other day, but I forgot who it was so I guess s/he didn't have that much of an influence after all. I'm more inspired by qualities-love, loyalty, kindness, etc.-than by people, though. Off the top of my head: my grandfather. He isn't perfect, but he's a damn good human being. 


7. Do you believe in democracy?
Sam: Another excellent question with a difficult answer. Right now, my answer would be: not really. But I think it's the best available option. 

8. Do you think you're important?
Sam: My heart says yes and my mind is sleepy, so yes. I think I'm important to the people in my life. And that's enough.

9. Do you believe in luck, and why?
Sam: Yes, because I've been lucky, and unlucky, and the universe is arbitrary. I shall rely on a quote here for further elaboration: ..It happens every day. When the lightning strikes a minute after you are gone or an airplane crashes that you might have been on. When your colleague falls ill and you do not. We think such things are random. But there is a balance to it all. One withers, another grows. Birth and death are part of the whole… -Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet In Heaven

10. What is your favorite food item?
Sam: At the moment, I would go with bread. I love breads. 


~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment