Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Things I've thought recently.


I wonder how much of religion is habit.

Trust not the crystal ball.

I hate you, all the people on the street. I hate you, all the people who don't think, who refuse to see.

Does Switzerland have an army?

I pray and I hope that someone is listening.

I petition, but I've realized no one's listening.

It never rains, but it pours.
No. It rains constantly, and then pours intermittently.

Sit in the corner of the train, next to the panoramic window. Sit and observe. The scene changes, merges into another. Trains come, and go. The guard lifts and loosens the bar. The scene moves, the scene changes. Everything changes.


Teenagers.
Opinionated,
Isolated.
Wandering,
Adrift.
Buffeted nightingales,
caught in the rain.
Pressurized,
becoming diamonds in the rough?
Disbelieving,
Questioning.
Lost,
Looking.


"Metaphors are dangerous. Metaphors are not to be trifled with. A single metaphor can give birth to love."
-The Unbearable Lightness of Being
[Which is one of the most beautiful book titles I've come across, ever.]

~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment