Thursday, June 14, 2012

What we did before our exams.

So Sam and I used to text most ALL the time, irrespective of whether we had the same exam day after or not.
We ended up writing poems/songs a couple of times.
For your amusement, may I present...

January 22nd, 2012, 10:17 p.m.
Me:
It's the night before my commerce exam,
and I sit there staring,
 at a page that I've been staring at for the past hour or so.
The clock keeps ticking, and I keep dreaming,
my concentration is dropping low.


And I am certain that there's something behind the curtain,
no there isn't, I'm just trying to pass my tiiiiime.
Please please please, I don't want to study anymore,
my head belongs on my pillow,
Please make it go away.


I'm writing this song the day before my test,
My oh my I'm such a shameless wreck,
because even with an exam tomorrow I don't feel guilty...


but please please please make it go away!
The torture seems to be here to stay,
but please make it go away. 

January 24th, 2012, 11:20 p.m.
Sam: 
My eyes are glazed over, the words don't make any sense.
To my life, my grades tomorrow don't make any difference.
My concentration's dropping lower, my body's less tense,
so why oh why am i not asleep yet like my oblivious parents?


Me:
I probably should be worried, that I'm not getting tensed.
I'm in a hopeless situation, an unshocking revelation.
It happens all the time.
And even though I'm wasting my time in this songs making,
I know I'll do just fine, I think.


Sam:
Tired appear to be, my drooping eyes call out to sleep.
But I shut the book and lo, I'm suddenly lively as a brook!
To this feeling of despair, nothing else can compare,
nothing except, perhaps finding splits in my hair.


Me:
I'm just rambling now,even my words have gone.
So why oh why cant the textbook be gone too?


Oh this torture I cannot bear.
In a moments time, my hair I will tear.


See I get this feeling in the back of my brain,
telling me to study, but the front part is saying,
that I should text my buddy.


Sam:
And so I let my eyes glaze over, and let my speed become even slower.
I let the clock tick by as the time passes me by.
To the world  flick my finger and to my friend the singer,
I text, 
A Song.






From Sam: And this is why I don't write poetry. 

5 comments:

  1. I can see the harmony,even though malko's lines more direct and sam goes the dreamy way showing off her prowness in the language, The harmony still exists,and two people writing one poem on the same idea such that their individual style's still complement each other isn't bad at all.



    -kaustav basu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prowess* =P
    Thank you! It's really..amateur, I thought. The poetry. Especially compared to some of the other stuff I've read, such as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wasn't even meant to be up here. It was meant to remain in my inbox. But Sam made me post SOMETHING. As long as it's amusing and readable without wanting to pull your hair out, I'm good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I officially declare this my 12th grade anthem. I dont know what it sounds like, though. It sounds a little bit like the beginning of Gotta Get Back To Hogwarts from AVPM in my head, for some reason. Idk. Something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She was supposed to sing it. I wanted her to sing it.

    ReplyDelete