Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Opportunity Crisis.

I'm not a practical person, essentially. But the world turned me into one. I must act as though I'm genuinely practical. But I'm not. I want options. All of them. I want everything the world has to offer. Unearthly beings would think so less of us if we didn't seize the opportunities at hand. Having no sight is not being blind. Being blind is, seeing something but out-rightly ignoring it because your practical mind tells you to. I had dreams. But reality came in the way. Atleast that's what my parents made me believe. That your dreams don't come true, and the sooner you break them, the less it hurts. I don't let go that easily. Then i realized, it doesn't always have to be that way. B Quilliam once said, "There is a fine line between dreams and reality, it's up to you to draw it." What a brilliant way to look at it. If there's one thing I learned, its that, no one can help you. I'm sorry but parents don't help at all. They might offer support, but truth of the matter is, one can only help one self. You do that, and your good. 

2 comments:

  1. I love having dreams. I love having big dreams. But I agree, nobody is going to make them happen if I don't. So sad however that our parents can't be of a little help...you know, like give me a ride to the moon or something :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Yeah. If only. Dreams don't die as long as you are willing to keep them alive. =)

    ReplyDelete