Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Girl-Guy Conundrum

So I promised something good, and this will hopefully live up to that. It's something I think about quite a lot anyway, I'm actually surprised I didn't do a post about it before now. Anyhow, here ya go!



At least once every month-no, make that twice, once for hair removal and once at that time-I hate being a girl. And by hate, I mean hate. Despise, detest from the bottom of my heart. I know guys have their problems too (though I'm not completely sure they have any which can match up to ours-guys reading this, I'd love your perspective on this), but I'm not usually very rational at those particular times, so being a girl seems like the absolute worst thing in the world. Because, come on. We have to deal with periods (or menstruation or chumps or rags or whatever you call it). We have to give birth, which is supposed to be the thing when it comes to pain. We have to wax. We have to "adjust". We have to deal with wolf-whistles and harassment. We have to deal with being the weaker sex. We have it so bad!

Then of course, the time passes and I'm happy with my gender again. We can shop, we can check out hot guys, we can gossip, we can hug people without everyone thinking we're gay! We're allowed to be childish and we don't necessarily have to work our ass of trying to excel in a career. We have emotional depth, we have makeup, we have it awesome!

And so the cycle continues.

When you see a hot guy. When he sees you, talks to you. When you get flirted with, when you feel all shivery and beautiful. When you shop and get a pretty outfit, when you doll up and feel the eyes on you, when you go to a salon and get stuff done-even if it's just a trim, you still come out feeling prettier! When you have amazing sleepovers and bond with friends from deep inside, when you feel safe and protected. Being feminine seems the best thing in the world at times like that.

Then again, a guy doesn't need to worry about looking refined, or being hairless or even remotely hygienic. What makes a girl a tramp makes a guy "manly". What makes a girl a slut makes a guy a Casanova, a player, and ten times hotter for it. You can chill and party all night without worrying about it getting late, or dangerous. You can fight it out with people and move on, no bitchiness, backbiting or bullshit allowed. It wouldn't be expected of you to be able to cook, and if you lent even the slightest hand to any household work you'd be lauded for your effort.  Doesn't seem all that bad a life.

Then again, you think about the 21st century, and their isn't really all that much of a difference between girls and guys anymore, at least in most places. In others of course, being a girl is pretty much hell on earth. But for the most part, we're more defined now by our personality than our gender, and if we don't like it-well, we can always change it. And even though I'll still hate my ovaries next week, I gotta admit-I think I got it good.


~Sam




      Also, people who didn't understand the title because of the font, it says : The Girl-Guy Conundrum.




2 comments:

  1. to think this post began with a series of texts back in October or something..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep :) Who said texting was a waste of time?

    ReplyDelete