Friday, October 31, 2014

Flying

I'm flying and I'm thinking about how quickly flying has become just another mundane thing, to take us from one headache to another. I'm thinking about how if humans could fly they would call it exercise and wouldn't. I'm thinking about how many beautiful things we fail to appreciate simply because we have them. I'm looking at the sky out the window, and I'm thinking of what Van Gogh could have done with this view.
I'm thinking that of course, of course heaven is in the skies. Because what could be more paradise than this, this place above the clouds and below the sky, the sun your equal, the mountains of fog in the distance, the candy floss at your feet?
I've landed and I'm thinking about this one time the books fell on my head and how much that hurt. How little physical pain we deal with in our lives. How much I miss running and why I don't just go running. My issues and whether giving them the importance of Issues is worse than brushing them under the carpet.
I'm driving and I'm thinking about how, in the time I would have procrastinated between lunch and dinner, I've crossed half an ex-continent and just like that, I'm home.
~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment