Sunday, October 30, 2011

Six, Five, Four, Three, Two, and...yeah, that's about it.

06-11-13: Update from future me: Some of this really made me wince, particularly the reference to Taylor Swift and the fact that I seemed to have a) forgotten about Africa and b) thought Europe consisted mainly of England.


Continuing with the Ten Day You challenge, which, for those of you who joined late, I started here, and continued here, here and here, here are six places I want to visit, five foods I like to eat, and four books, three films and two songs I love.

Six Places:

  • Switzerland! With its mountains, and its beauty and its chocolate and its peace. 
  • All of Europe, actually, now that I think of it, since that's about the only continent I haven't visited yet. Amsterdam, with..I'm not exactly sure what, but it still appeals to me. London, with its Tower, and its pigeons and crows and the London Eye and the Big Ben and the rain and the dreariness and the poshness and..and the accents, and the hot guys and the, well, everything. The rest of England, too, I really want to see what all these people talk about when they say "English countryside". And Scotland, of course, and France and Germany and Russia. Have I missed out any place? 
  • Australia. I want the beautiful sky, the Outback, the Harbour Bridge, the Gold Coast, the City Cats on the Brisbane River with the wind on your face, and water underneath. I want everything. 
  • South America, another place I've never been, with all its color and life and love and culture. 
  • The Arctic, or any other place where I can see the Aurora. 
  • Space, because it sounds SO COOL. Ditto the moon. 

Five Foods: 

  • Chocolate. 'nuff said. 
  • Also, pasta, in any sauce except white. And pizza and lasagne, of course.
  • Indian food is awesome, too, especially scent-wise. Naan and kadai paneer and butter chicken and..ahh, my mouth is watering too much for me to continue :/
  • SUBWAY! And McD's and KFC and all that shizz. Yeah, i'm a slave of capitalism. 
  • Steamed lemon fish. And prawns, and chilli crab with buns in Malaysia. 

Four Books:
I can't list just four books. I can't. There have been way, way too many of them in my life for me to narrow the list down to four, so forgive me if this goes on forever. Anyway, here they are:

  • To Kill A Mockingbird, because it was the first classic I read that I liked; because it gave me Atticus Finch, whom I might even love more than Hugh Jackman; because it made me think; and because it gave me hope. 
  • The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, because its the last book I read and because its well written. 
  • Enid Blyton's St Clare's series, and Malory Towers, because those were the first books I ever remember reading. 
  • Anything, really, as long as it isn't too convoluted like some of those stupid prize winning books, or too depressing. 

Three Films:

  • Wolverine, because it has Hugh Jackman, and is awesome, and it has romance and comedy and love and action and everything a soul could possibly need. Also, X-Men First Class, because mutants are hot. 
  • Three Musketeers, because that's the last movie I saw. Oh, and the Pirates of the Caribbean series. 
  • Any cute rom-com. Also, Life Is Beautiful, and all of those type of movies (the deep, eye-opening ones). Basically, anything with a compelling story line. 
See I how totally got more than three movies in there?


Two Songs:

  • Again, it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to list just TWO songs, but I'll try. First-"She Will Be Loved", by Maroon 5. Listen to it. Don't watch the video, it'll ruin your experience. Just hear the lyrics and fall in love. Ditto anything by Taylor Swift, or any other mushy love song, really. Also, "Impossible" by Shonelle. 
  • Um. Anything and everything by The Script. And most things by Simple Plan (Welcome To My Life, Perfect, and everything from their album "Get Your Heart On" come to mind most quickly). Songs which just match my mood perfectly. 

So now you know. Me. ^-^ Well, everything except my name, and my age, and my face, and where I live, and who I am. But yeah. Everything else. :)

~Sam

PS-For those of you who are tired of hearing about me, I'll get around to posting something more "universal" in appeal later. For those of you who are tired of hearing me say "later", go away, or get used to it. *attitude*

But, you know. Don't go away away. Later will come. Really. Soon. I'll do it. I promise! Don't go away! Come back! Please! PLEASE! *tears*


1 comment: