Friday, October 21, 2011

Ten

So I told you I wouldn't do Ten Secrets, and I won't, but here are Ten Things You Probably Didn't Know About Me Which May Or May Not Be Secrets.

  1. I have never smoked, done drugs, or seen The Sound of Music, despite having owned the DVD since the fourth grade.  
  2. I can be pretty philosophical when I want to, probably because I over-think everything, and over-thinking is practically the root of all philosophy. The worst thing about this though is that things which I say, which often console others, would never ever console me, because I'd just think about it until it became meaningless and lost all consoling-power. Which sucks.
  3. I'm partly hedonistic. I know what hedonistic means because of Two and A Half Men.
  4. I'm vaguely superstitious, but if you asked me if I believed in superstition I wouldn't know what to say, despite the fact that I still touch wood every chance I get. Essentially, I'm an extremely confused person.
  5. I claim to love myself (and I do), but like every normal girl in this world (except the current Miss Universe, whom I really admire for her answer, despite the fact that I find it hard to believe that she actually meant what she said.)I have a complete list of things I'd like to change about myself, starting with my arms and going down to my hair. 
  6. I once used to be an almost twi-hard *cringe*, and it took Dan Bergstein to get me out of my delusion. I also refused to read Harry Potter until the sixth grade, because the only part of it I'd ever read (Chapter One, Page One of Chamber of Secrets), seemed horrible. Eventually, I only read it because I'd read every other decent book in the library. I told you I sucked. 
  7. I love music, and listen to it for at least half an hour every night, wandering around in the dark in my room, and making up stories behind each of the songs, but I still don't know my genres. 
  8. I have a compulsive need to write down every single semi-smart thought that comes into my head; you'll be seeing proof this a lot, if you follow me. If I come up with a nice sentence while writing something, and even if it doesn't fit, I'll find a way to stick it in somewhere. 
  9. To be able to read minds is my most desired super power. I'm an idiotically romantic girl. I really don't know what I want, whether it be for dinner or for a career. 
  10.  I'm pretty forgetful and thus forced to write down anything important that I need to remember. On the other hand, I tend to remember a lot of insignificant details that other people have long forgotten. I'm pretty verbose, sometimes unnecessarily, as you can see from this blog post. I didn't really listen when they were discussing the "economy of words" in English. 
~Sam 

No comments:

Post a Comment