Wednesday, February 3, 2016

January Favourites (and Resolutions)

It's been a tumultuous beginning of the year. What I've liked, so far:
  1. When we stopped fighting. 
  2. Being fed pizza. Pizza, generally. 
  3. Becoming employed (when the news eventually sank in) (I'm still slightly terrified this will turn to out have been some sort of mistake). On a related note- the prospect of a set of holidays where all I do is holiday (sleeping! eating! reading!).
  4. My yet-to-be-delivered panda eye mask.
  5. Being nearly done with another term, and one step closer to the heaven that (I hope) is final year!  
  6. Competent teachers and guest lecturers, in equal measures terrifying and sexy. 
  7. Giant, cozy, warm tshirts, and my new pyjamas. Speaking of- SHOPPING! So much shopping! Earrings with the Chocolate Bomb, and a suitcase-full with my mom- blouses and pyjamas and trousers and leggings and a messenger bag (finally!) and the comfiest pretty bra ever. 
  8. Books- so many books! Everything by Rainbow Rowell, starting with my eternal favourite, Carry On (thanks Ron!), some trashy romances obviously, and another Shannon Hale. The prospect of rereading all of the Harry Potter books in February.
  9. The simple, beautiful pleasure of browsing and buying books- and a 70% sale at Landmark, which meant getting three books for the price of one and, more importantly, meant THREE. NEWBOOKS
  10. Being reminded of this poem, and all its memories and associations, just when I needed it. Bless you, Marshmallow. (I still hate you for all the feels.)
  11. KINDLE. Her name is Cinder. Bless you, Amanda. 

A brief update on my resolutions for this year (because you totally care):
I'm not seriously looking to change anything or aim for anything in particular this year, like I did last year and the year before that, mostly because those two sets cover everything important, but also because I simply don't feel the need to radically change things and try to claw myself out of a sad hole this year, for which I am grateful. What I'd like to change, I mostly can't, so I'm going to just enjoy what I've got and live with the rest. To that end, some broad things I'd like to work on are- being more patient, with myself, with others, and with circumstances; stressing less, especially when something is out of my hands, as most things are; and snarking less, even when I hate someone's guts and want to claw their eyes out. There are obviously other things I want to do this year- read more, learn to cook, relearn to drive, be healthier- but it seems less important this year to make a list of them. Also, I'm lazy.

~Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment