Thursday, May 21, 2015

What's your skill-set?

A couple days ago, V was telling me about her fears of how we would survive a zombie apocalypse, and while talking to her about how I'd probably die in ~5 seconds given my total and utter lack of survival skills, I was hit by an arguably more worrisome thought: my total and utter lack of life skills. I don't know how to drive, or cook; I don't think I've ever been introduced to the concept of saving money; what are taxes even; I cannot sell myself for a job; I clam up in interviews and around strangers and somehow appear as arrogant when that is usually the farthest from who I am; I am some confused liberal feminist person who makes largely conservative choices and isn't very sure of her opinions so I don't really fit in with the liberals or the conservatives and have issues with everyone on the planet basically; I am so confused about myself and my feelings and who I am and who I should be and all that jazz; I am chronically indecisive and also really lazy and basically what I'm saying is that I'm not too concerned about how I'm going to survive the eventual zombie apocalypse because at this point I don't even know how I'm going to survive life.


~Sam 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for putting my life into words.

    ReplyDelete