Sunday, May 3, 2015

References

Somewhere Over the Rainbow reminds me of Cookie. Candles remind me of Koko. Yoda and yoda-like english is Chocolate Bomb, always. Scarves remind me of Marshmallow and Zayn reminds me of Laani. Backscratching reminds me of the Cat, massages remind me of Doobie, my red coat reminds me of my mother's love and happy times. My shoes remind me of my old school, of when I bought them and I argued with the teacher that they fulfilled the rule that shoes must be predominantly black, even though these are a borderline case with all that pink - and of younger times when the colour of your shoes was so important, and when a crush took over your entire world. Certain kinds of books remind me of Popo, and fangirling over Sherlock reminds me of sparkykitty.
These are only some of the references to some of the people in my life, a handful of things reminding me of a handful of people. There are so many more- chairs and books and shoes and bags and and songs and pictures and floors and ceilings- that remind me of so many more people, so many mundane things that are so extraordinary to my heart, and all of that just reminds me of this:



"A wall broke my heart. A wet field of grass broke my heart. A child hugging his parents legs in an airport broke my heart. Water in a bath has broken my heart. A tattoo has broken my heart. A photograph on the internet broke my heart. A watch broke my heart. Holding my breath underwater broke my heart.
You have your unique fractures along your heart, and I have mine. And maybe there is nothing, anywhere, that doesn't break someone's heart."


~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment