Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June Favourites

It's been a long, complicated month. Here are the things I liked.

1. JAMUN. SO MANY JAMUN. What do you even call jamun in English? Oh. That. But anyway. SO TASTY. And healthy. These can't be real. But they are.

2. Mangoes. As dear to me as jamun, mangoes are the second of the three things which make summer bearable for me. More than bearable-they actually make me look forward to the withering heat.

3. It's the AC, the third and final thing on my list of Happy Summer Items, which actually makes summer bearable.

4. Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I think Malko has already mentioned these here, but I read the trilogy this month and the books are so good. Young adult, fantasy, and very engrossing. Reading, in general, has been a lovely highlight this month. I also read If I Stay, and its sequel, Where She Went, which I also liked very much. (Yes, it's been a month of YA.)

5. Sleeping in. The sweet joy of breakfast and lunch being the same meal. And I'm not talking about brunch. (Though brunch is nice too.)

6. I got a couple of streaks of "magenta red" in my hair. I love them! More or less. There was a moment in there, after a few days of euphoria, when I was just, meh. It just drove home the realization that I should never get a permanent tattoo because I'd probably move on from it in like 6 months and spend the rest of my life in a state of "oops."

7. All my classes are supposed to be super boring this term, and in an effort to make them as interesting as I possibly can, I BOUGHT COLOURFUL STATIONERY! Pretty notebooks and thin-line sketch-pens to write notes with. Ah, stationery :')

~Sam 

No comments:

Post a Comment