Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Dancing in the Shadows

I paint a picture of an eerie horizon,
That whispers songs of death and agony,
And there I stand for all of eternity,
Drowning in a poisonous black lake

Somewhere far beyond,
There's a place,
Of music, dreams hope and love
And I parade in its shadow like a marionette.

Great  flesh eating ghouls gnaw at my skin
And the dark spirits are devouring my soul
Slowly
And painfully
Till it is almost gone
And then give it back

To dance all over again.

I wrote this spontaneously one evening while I was staring at the buffer screen of the horrible stream for the Reading and Leeds festival. What is it, you may ask? Only the best music festival in England. There, were all of my favorite bands performing under one(or two) roof(s) and here I was, sobbing frantically, assessing my situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment